1. CANMOR – Merchant Agreement
- Canmor – Merchant Application for Point of Sale Service
New Merchant Approval Process – “Canmor – Merchant Processing & Agreement” is used for the merchant applying for credit card and debit card service from Elavon. Information from the Agreement will be electronically uploaded to Elavon to initiate the approval process. Merchants will receive an email from Elavon that will provide a link for the merchant to connect to review an electronic version of the Application and an electronic version of the Merchant Agreement. The merchant will be required to electronically sign the Agreement.
PLEASE NOTE if the Agreement is not electronically signed the approval process will not begin.
All Sales Agents must understand the new approval process, merchant inactivity will result in applications to pend. Instructions to Electronically sign the Agreement are provided to allow Sales Agents to provide assistance to merchants in understanding and completing the new Electronic Signature process.
This document provides instructions on how to configure Browsers to accept Cookies. Merchants must ensure their browser is configured to accept Cookies. If Cookies are not accepted the merchant will not be able to connect with Elavon to perform the Electronic Signature process to start the approval process.
2. ELECTRONIC GIFT CARDS
Use the Gift Card Enrollment – Re-Order Form to enroll a merchant into a new gift card program or to re-order gift cards, card carriers, etc.
Card type codes, color codes and carrier codes are found in the Canmor Gift Card Brochure located in the Marketing Materials section.
In addition to a completed sample of the form, refer to the Gift Card Enrollment Form Completion Instructions for assistance in completing the form.
3. Miscellaneous Forms
4. ATM – Agreement & Forms
- ATM Agreement & Setup Forms
- Interac Source of Funds Declaration
Complete the Agreement and the 2 forms in the “Agreement & Setup Forms” section AND the “Interac Source of Funds Declaration”. A separate Source of Funds Declaration must be obtained for the bank account were funds are obtained to load the ATM. NOTE: if the owner of the ATM is a company, information on all directors will need to be obtained, complete a separate page 2 of the Source of Funds for each director.
5. PROPOSALS – Merchant
6. PROHIBITED and RESTRICTED Merchant Types
Lists merchant categories that are classified as either Prohibited or Restricted. Prohibited merchants will NOT be approved; DO NOT submit an application for a Prohibited merchant. Restricted merchants may be approved, however, additional information will be requested (based on merchant category). As well, Restricted merchants may be set to “daily discount” and/or required to place funds on deposit. The details will vary between merchants and will only be known once the credit/risk assessment has been completed.
Marketing Materials are listed below. We suggest you print a copy of each and carry them with you.
- 1. Canmor Flyer – “Solutions Priced to Reduce Your Fees“
- 2. Sales Leave Behind – Two Sided
- 3. We Have Your POS Solution
- 4. Referral Coupon $100
Product brochures provide an image of the product and information that you can use when dealing with merchants. We suggest you print a copy of each and carry them with you.
- Converge Virtual Merchant
- Talech ELO – Store System
- Gift Cards
- ATM – Cash Dispensing
Click on the document you are interested, a PDF document will be downloaded to your computer.
- General Information (PDF)
- Canmor’s Business and Products (PDF)
- Purchase, Lease or Rental (PDF)
- Merchant Benefits (PDF)
- Understanding Credit Card Interchange/Discount Rate (PDF)
- Questions Merchants May Ask (PDF)
- What Merchants Are Told (PDF)
- Participants in a Transaction (PDF)
- Processing a Sale (PDF)
- Forms Completion (PDF)
ATM (Automated Teller Machine)
MERCHANT POS STATEMENT COMPARISIONS
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Sales Philosophy
- 3. Prospecting Introduction
- 4. Opening Pitch
- 5. Organized Prospecting
- 6. Presentation & Closing
2 – Introduction to Credit Card Processing
3 – Prospecting
- 1. Calling to Set Appointment
- 2. Effective Cold Calling
- 3. Walking into a Business
- 4. Professional Appearance
- 5. Efficient Follow Up
- 6. Building Trust with Prospect
- 7. How to Handle “I’m to Busy”
- 8. Tips on How to Prospect
4 – Obtaining Processing Statement
5 – Understanding Cost Structures
6 – Making a Presentation
7 – Closing A Sale
- 1. Be Professional
- 2. Lead with Questions
- 4. Responding to Yes, Maybe & No
- 3. Continue Moving Forward
8 – Customer Support
9 – Organization
10 – Getting Out in the Field
11 – How to Beat the Banks
12 – Reasons to Sell the POYNT Smart Terminal