CounterTop / Short-Range Wireless Terminal
The Ingenico DESK 5000 is a class of terminal designated as a” Smart Terminal”. Similar to the evolution of the Flip Phone to Smartphones, the DESK 5000 is capable of downloading and supporting numerous 3rd party applications making the DESK 5000 much more than just a payment terminal.
The Ingenico DESK 5000 is a terminal ideal for most retailers. The terminal is capable of connecting either using Dial (or telephone) connection or over the Internet (connected to a router). It also can operate on WiFi or Bluetooth communications making the terminal mobile within the merchants premises. It incorporates the latest technology able to accept contact chip cards and supports card tap (Tap N Go) or other contact-less features such as ApplePay, Android Pay, etc. . It is a flexible, lightweight, handheld terminal that enables fast, secure, error-free transactions for on-the-go merchants.
- Accepts debit and credit chip cards and gift cards.
- Communications by:
- Dial-up (Telephone)
- Ethernet (internet cable connected to modem)
- WiFi (to router – Optional
- Bluetooth – Optional
- PCI certified, satisfies latest industry standards on hardware and software security requirements.
- 3rd party business application are supported, designed for merchants to operating their businesses.
- All Retail businesses Clothing, Hardware, Hairdressers, etc.
- Automotive – Dealers, Repair Shops, Body Shops, etc.
- Professionals – Doctors, Dentists, Accountants, etc.
- Restaurants, Fast Food, Grocery
- Any business taking Plastic Payments
- Fast Food, Restaurants, etc.
- Markets – Mini Markets, Convenience Stores, etc.